An Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar has confirmed that more than €700,000 has been allocated to Fingal to enhance digital library services.
Blanchardstown library will benefit from this new equipment along with the other nine libraries in Fingal.
In Blanchardstown, the library will immediately start investing in:
· A bank of borrowable laptops and iPads for use in the Library;
· Enhanced presentation equipment and digital signage;
· A digital hub to include a collaborative classroom, an interactive meeting room and access to the newest handheld and desktop technology;
· Meeting and business area with open and closed meeting pods;
· A Maker Space unit and an Apple Centre.
All of the new equipment should be in place in Blanchardstown within six months.
An Taoiseach said: “I hope the new facilities and services will attract users of all ages to our public libraries. This funding has the potential to transform Blanchardstown library and all our public libraries in Fingal. It will allow our libraries to be even more progressive and will hopefully encourage more people to use this great resource.
“The Government funding is allocated under the new public library strategy Our Public Libraries 2022– Inspiring, Connecting and Empowering Communities in May.”